Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bisbee and the Copper Queen

I know that I have mentioned before that two authors and one artist are mostly responsible for my desire to visit the southwest.

Tony Hillerman got me to the Four Corners area - although I have not explored it thoroughly enough.

Georgia O'Keefe's visions of the landscape were an inspiration.

J. A. Jance took me to Bisbee.

Her J. P. Beaumont series set in Seattle got me hooked on her murder mysteries, but it was her Joanna Brady series set in Bisbee and Cochise County that really peaked my interest. Again there is a lot left to explore, but Bisbee is a neat town. Supposedly it has the best year 'round climate in the U.S. and there is a great RV park in town .....




The view from my third floor balcony room at the Copper Queen and a couple shots of the town built in a canyon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nat Geo Travel said that Bisbee was one of the best 'unknown' towns in the west. The article said it was slowly being discovered by retirees. Your pictures are better than what they had, looks much more inviting.