Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Let go of the past

Maybe, just maybe, I really have. I gave myself an $840 per year raise yesterday. I emptied the storage unit. Goodwill got five pick up loads of good usable stuff. The waste transfer station got 30 years of my life.
All of those pay stubs dating from 1976 to 2006 are history. All of those training certificates and awards, even those fancy plaques they gave me and were never hung on a wall. The divorce papers, too.
Thom kept all of my tools and garage stuff - that was another truck full of stuff. He had to reorganize his garage to make room for everything. He hasn't even opened the boxes yet. Each one will be a little treasure chest.
Four small boxes of pictures and memories will accompany me back to Arizona. I'll have my own jewels to examine.
The road trip to NorCal starts on Saturday. Rain and clouds are in the forecast for the Portland area. Good thing the rain gear got packed.

2 comments:

Jane and John Weichert said...

Good for you. We're doing the same thing with all our stuff. It goes to the trash, the kids or to Goodwill with one carload going back to AZ with us.

Anonymous said...

Good for you, memories are better than all the stuff that is accumulated.