Wednesday, September 5, 2007

No luck or bad timing

My goodness but the housing market has crashed. There was only one visitor for the open house last Saturday. I don't think my realtor wanted to tell me this, but I drug it out of him. The house next door sold just a few months ago. They had four offers in the first six hours! The house was sold before the sign was up in the yard. I may have to consider becoming a landlord and use the house as a rental - this scares me. I've seen what the wrong tenant can do to a house and I don't want any ties to Kitsap County when I leave.

My niece Ronnie reports that Mom continues to improve. I saw her on Saturday and she really did seem better. I'll ride the Tourer up to see her tomorrow - another ferry ride.

If you should ever visit Washington state and happen to be traveling on a ferry, I hope you are on two wheels. Bicycles and motorcycles load first and at a lower fee than automobiles. Of course they can squeeze four bikes in the same space as a full size pickup so they aren't losing money. A car and driver is about $15 on most runs and a motorcycle and driver is about $6. The views can worth the price at times. My son is getting tired of riding the ferry to and from work in Seattle. I drop him off at the dock at 6 a.m. and pick him up at 6:30 p.m.

No comments: