Saturday, May 22, 2010

Climate change



The Channel 3 weather girl predicted 100 degrees in Phoenix Friday. I hear it topped out at 102. That was easy to believe since it was already 80 degrees at 8 o'clock in the morning. The temperature in Boulder City, NV, where I spent Friday night was in the 90s. I ran the air conditioning from the time I got the power hooked up until it was time for bed.
It was still pleasant this morning as I prepared to leave. I did put on short sleeve shirt instead of a tank top along with shoes and socks. As the elevation increased some 4,000 feet, the temperatures dropped. I turned on the heat as I drove.
Now, sitting my motorhome at the KOA in Ely, NV, I have added a sweatshirt to my ensemble and the heater is ready to run. There is snow in the hills surrounding me.

1 comment:

Jane and John Weichert said...

That's quite a temperature drop within a short span of time. Are you sure your body can stand it?