Friday, December 14, 2007

Once more

As the family gathered in the great room of the apartment building in which my Mother lives, I received a phone call from my favorite realtor - Joey. He stated that he was going to show my house at 1 p.m. and wanted to ensure that this was acceptable. I replied that as my son and I were in Everett and wouldn't be home anytime soon, feel free to sell my house.

I did not hear from Joey right away, so I assumed that the prospective buyer was not interested, or unable to accept the fact that basements sometimes flood. A few days later Joey did call to let me know that Zacharia was indeed interested in my house - and maybe my truck as well. Of course Zacharia had already made plans to fly home to the east coast for the holidays, so I won't hear more until the new year arrives. Although financing was arranged before he left town.......

I didn't even bury a St. Joseph icon in my yard.

My son Thom bought a new (to him) motorcycle. It is a red, 2005 Suzuki V-Strom (weestrom) DL650 that previously belonged to the maintenance department manager of Aurora Suzuki in Seattle. As such it is outfitted with lots of bells and whistles like a Givi monokey trunk, Leo Vince exhaust, Givi crash bars, skid plate, high performance disc brakes, hand guards and heated grips. His only complaint is that it goes too fast, too easily.

No comments: