Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lady Luck is with me

For the last month and a half, I have been playing a card game on Thursday nights. For the final hand, everyone throws in a dollar. I've won four of the last five weeks.

Today I went on an organized ride, the proceeds went to a local charity - Liberty Wildlife. They rehabilitate birds of prey. Similar to a poker run, we rode to all of the businesses that sponsored the day and got a puzzle piece. I did not win a door prize, but I did win a raffle prize - a ticket to see Charlie Daniels during Arizona Bike Week. To top of a nice day, I won second prize in the puzzle ride - a $100 gift certificate for riding apparel (read leather) donated by one of the sponsors.

Not a bad day at all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and leather will work out nicely when you go to the concert.

Scott said...

One can never have too much leather.

gerrycammy said...

Charlie Daniels! Wow, I've always wanted to see him live. Looking forward to hearing about it.