Monday, September 6, 2010

Retirement of a friend

Sunday, Thom and I met at the Bremerton ferry for a trip to Seattle/Ballard and a visit with my friend Ken (aka "my ex-wife's-twin-sister's-ex-husband" or Kenny-Pooh).  Ken spent 30 years working for various  government agencies that luckily all subscribed to the same retirement program. Those agencies included the University of Washington, the City of Seattle, City Light and Sound Transit.  Since he didn't spend enough time at any one of them to warrant a retirement ceremony, he decided to hold his own and invite the people that mattered to him. I'm not sure why I was there.
Felipe (Let or Leto to his old friends) served as the master of ceremonies.  He and Ken have been friends since high school.  It seems that everywhere Let got a job, Ken followed.  Let joined the Marines - so did Ken.
Congratulations Ken, retirement is great.

No comments: