Friday, May 23, 2008

Three days


Three days of cold, wet, windy weather caused by a low pressure front from the Great Northwest has left my cupboard bereft of snack foods. I've read three books, watched a few movies and played innumerable games of solitaire on my laptop.

The promised improvement in the weather for the upcoming weekend has my hopes high. I am a few miles from the local race track. I plan to go watch the late model modifieds run a 75 lap main event on Sunday evening. Temperatures should be in the 80s again.

The Georgia O'Keefe Museum in Sante Fe is running an exhibit that features works by O'Keefe and Ansel Adams. They met in 1929 and become very close friends. The exhibit is said to compare works by both of the same subject. I intend to go to the museum next week.

My son Thom has decided to take his vacation the last week of June and ride his V-Strom to Yellowstone and meet me at the north entrance. He seems excited and I am anxious to see him. Of course his father is nervous about him making this trip.

3 comments:

Paige and Dave said...

Nearly split my head in two with the turn from modifies to O'Keeffe/Adams. Our weather has turned around and I hope yours does as well. DAL

Anonymous said...

It isn't our fault! We didn't ask for the low pressure area sitting over eastern Oregon to homestead. Neither the low pressure over south eastern BC. High pressure splitting the jet stream out in the Pacific. Very interesting weather way up here. Winds from the east, more rain on the 'sunny side' of the state than the PS area. Maybe in couple days the sucking of moisture from Sea of Cortes will end for you. End of June sounds good for Yellowstone, almost summer.

CiaoBella! said...

Glad to hear you and Thom are hooking up soon. It should be entertaining. But Yellowstone is sometimes cold. We're home from E/Wash (hot today) and I should be updating my blog soon. Glad you survived the monsoons.
Mary