Sunday, July 13, 2008

gr8scott51's next excellent adventure

On the 25th, I'll move the rv to Ellensburg so Ross can keep an eye on it while I ride around Oregon with friends. The Shadow is ready to go, I think my butt and back will hold up for the almost 2,000 mile ride. Steve has mapped out the route, Rob has made reservations for lodging, Pat, Gerald and I are fat, dumb and happy - just along for the ride.



Here is the plan for the first 3 days:

The first day, the main group will ride from Ollala, WA to The Dalles, OR. A distance of 216 miles. I will ride from Thorp, WA to The Dalles, OR and join them there.




The second day is a ride of 342 miles from The Dalles to La Grande via Tygh Valley, the John Day Fossil Beds, the Ukia - Dale Forest State Scenic Corridor and the Wallowa - Whitman National Forrest.

Day 3 will cover 298 miles through the Wallowa Mountains and Hells Canyon from La Grande to John Day.

No comments: