Monday, June 29, 2009

Durango to Thorp - Day 4

I'm baaaack.
Snugly ensconced at my summer estate in Thorp. That would be Patti and Ross' place, parked along side their fence. Don't have full hook-ups, but I do have wifi and cable television.
Owens Cycles (the Yakima Harley dealer) was able to complete the repair estimate in less than two hours this morning. What a well organized shop. I had to pay for the estimate, but Safeco should reimburse me for it and I would have paid Durango Harley if it would have gotten them off their ass. The repair costs are just shy of $5,000. No structural or internal damage. Everything bolts on, so I'll be buying pieces and doing what I can myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You returned right on time for the weather to heat up.
Good to hear that it was not as bad as it originally appeared. Sounds as if it should useable fairly soon.
You're probably already deciding what the shop will fix and what you will take on.