Saturday, June 28, 2008

The seventh hell of 6,390 steps

Thom forced me to accompany him to the bottom of Uncle Tom's Trail (maybe this was Big Tom's revenge - what did I ever do to him?).

Anyway, somehow we missed the sign that mentioned the 6,390 steps (maybe there were only 390, but still...). Foolishly we were wearing our leather motorcycle coats. Remember how heavy my coat is Mom? The steps go 3/4s of the way to the bottom of the canyon so you can get a good view of the lower falls. The steps are made of rusty old expanded steel. You may remember that I have a fear of heights. I gripped the railing and stared at Thom's shoes all the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great views once you get to the bottom. Much cooler than the parking lot as well. Ya gotta look at it as almost climbing the space needle.