Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Too much help

Sorry I've been out of touch for a day or so. I am still unable to connect to the wifi server at the RV park. I made the mistake of mentioning this to the owner. He was sure he could make it work. I just got back to Lander from a computer shop in Riverton. My computer works again.

I played golf on Monday at the local course. It's only open 6 months out of the year and the back nine is closed if it rains. The front nine is much older and better established, the back nine is only a few years old and carved out of prairie land.

I should have made note of the warning signs. I was out of breath by the time I walked the four blocks and up the hill to the clubhouse, dragging my golf clubs along behind me. It was already hot, near 80, and muggy. I should have rented a cart and felt like a wimp instead of letting my male ego get the better of me. I walked all 18 holes, pulling my cart. Did I mention I haven't played golf for a while? I obviously have not been getting enough exercise. I wasn't sure I'd make it up the final hill from the 18th green to the clubhouse, but I knew that there would be cold refreshment and air conditioning waiting for me. An added bonus was watching the playoff for the US Open on the television in the bar.

I shot an 81 (ten over par) and survived the day. I doubt that I learned my lesson.

Saturday was spent at the Lander Brew Fest. Live music + fifteen local brewers = a good time. It was nice to see so many happy people gathered in one place.

Here is the view from the RV park:

3 comments:

CiaoBella! said...

I think you are updating your blog as I am trying to view it! New pictures keep popping up, as does additional editorial. Glad you survived the golf! Washingtonians are now sunburned from sunshine and cool breezes and thinking it wasn't hot enough to burn!! More clouds today unfortunately. Carol Min. is in town tomorrow, called Mom, and wants to do lunch. Pam and I are attending. More soon. M

Paige and Dave said...

Too bad there isn't a Ford dealer near bye where you could get that front tire issue checked out. DAL

Paige and Dave said...

Got your message about Bitch Creek Ale... did you bring me any? ;~O