Monday, April 7, 2008

Reconnected

I am currently tied up to the dock in Fort Stockton. Dave and Paige in their 40' cruiser are snuggled to starboard. They saw me along I-10 when I stopped for lunch and gave me a call. The next time they saw me I was pulling away from them on the way to tonight's moorage. 22' runabouts with big engines are fun.
The west bound traffic on I-10 included the NASCAR circus. All of the haulers filled with millions of dollars of go fast parts and the outside painted in the bright colors of the team racing silks. The most interesting to me were the driver's coaches - their homes on wheels while on the circuit. Almost every HUGE coach was towing a full size, crew cab pickup with a golf cart in the bed. Everything was color co-ordinated and some could be identified with their respective driver.
We continue along the "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" road map tomorrow when we pull in to Medina, Texas. I'll tell you all about it after we try it out. Dave and Paige saw a new segment in the program that showcased a restaurant in Glendale, AZ. I guess we'll hit it next season.
I hope to release the Tourer from the trailer during our three days at the Koyote Ranch (www.koyoteranch.com). It has been restrained for the last four days as I let Chris and Don chauffeur me around their home town. I can't tell you how nice they were to me. I hope I repaid them in some small way by helping rebuild the green house. Chris loves her gardening. She sent me off with fresh frozen peaches, peach jam and shelled pecans. Good eating.
I got a bonus from the sale of the house. A couple checks from the mortgage company that may allow me to get a satellite dish. My antenna is weak at best and lately has been useless. I need my mind numbing television at night.
It's happy hour in the park - time for another gin and tonic.

No comments: